Once you have viewed and chosen a suitable property to rent through McRae's we will provide you with a 'PROSPECTIVE TENANTS INITIAL APPLICATION FORM'. This not only explains The information we require from you, but also the stages of your application together with the fees you will be required to pay prior to the tenancy commencing, during and after the tenancy ends. If your initial application meets the necessary criteria and our landlord agrees to let the property to you, we will require each tenant to sign "AN AGREEMENT REGARDING A HOLDING DEPOSIT, REFERENCE & APPLICATION FEES". Please do not hesitate to ask a member of the McRae's Lettings Team any additional questions you may have. We are there to help!!
Set out below is a list of our current fee scales. Please accept this list as a "guide only" as these fees can vary depending on the size of the property.
FEES TO PAY 'BEFORE YOU MOVE IN':
- £300 - "THE HOLDING DEPOSIT"
- £210 including vat - payable per Tenant. " THE REFERENCE & APPLICATION FEE".
- £120 including vat - "GUARANTOR FEE" (per applicant & only if applicable)
FEES TO PAY 'FOR' THE MOVE IN:
- A security deposit equivalent to 6 weeks rent (cleared funds)
- One months rent in advance (cleared funds) less the initial holding deposit.
- £120 including vat "EXPRESS CHECK IN FEE" only where the 'move in' is required five working days from reservation.
FEES 'AFTER YOU MOVE IN':
- £60 including vat - RENEWAL FEE.
- £120 including vat - AMENDMENTS AND SPECIAL TENANCY CONDITIONS.
- £12 including vat - PER EVERY ADDITIONAL KEY CUT.
- £12 including vat - FOR THE 2nd & EVERY ADDITIONAL 7 DAY RENT ARREARS LETTER SENT TO YOU PLUS ANY ASSOCIATED LEGAL COSTS.
- £480 including vat - plus liability to pay in full all rents due up to and until and only upon entering into a new tenancy with a new tenant/s - EARLY TERMINATION FEE AND PREPARATION OF A DEED OF SURRENDER - PLUS ANY FEES ADDITIONAL USUALLY PAID BY THE LANDLORD.
- £36 including vat - END OF TENANCY REFERENCE REQUEST
- amount variable - "THE INVENTORY CHECK OUT FEE" This fee is subject to the size of the property to be let and/or if the property is unfurnished/furnished.